Award in Health Care Essentials
The health and care industry needs individuals and groups that meet a variety of settings and services. These services are continually being developed.
These cover from residential to hospital, day care services and home care. All of these services are striving to adopt the core principles of care in offering person-centred, respectful and dignified care in safe and independence enhancing these environments.
This qualification, is accredited locally by ITS Malta at MQF Level 3, offered and delivered in collaboration with TCTC Malta. This is a core requirement to work in this field in locally. This qualification comprises of various modules aimed to prepare our students with a high degree of information and practical situations in a range of Health Care settings.
This qualification has been designed to provide a comprehensive core programme of learning and assessment for health and care workers. It is aimed at staff and volunteers or any other individual who may not have other qualifications in the field but who aims to achieve the entry level to work in this industry.
This Health Care Essentials Award at MQF-3 cover the following modules.
Value in brackets represents duration in hours including supervised hours if any.
- Health & Safety induction/ basics
- Basic Communication (Verbal and Non-Verbal) Skills in a care setting (10 hours)
- House Keeping basics in a care setting (10 hours)
- Food Handling and Preparation in a care setting (10 hours)
- Basic First Aid in a care setting (5 hours)
- Developing own knowledge and practice in a care setting (20+10 hours)
- Communicating with and completing records for individuals in a care setting (20+10 hours)
- Understanding health and safety practice in a care setting (20+10 hours)
- Rights, responsibilities and protection in care
- Supporting Individuals to meet their personal daily living needs (20+10 hours)
- Supporting Individuals with Activities and Promoting Mobility (20+10 hours)
Total Units are 9 in all.
Effective Tuition hours:
As indicated in the about in brackets.
Method of Assessment:
Online Assessments after each Unit based on Multiple choice assessment.
The above comprises of the Health Care Essentials Award MQF-3 and will run on a part-time basis. The delivery is blended across offline, online lectures through ZOOM/ TEAMS, self led video tutorials and online assessments as part of the online platform.
The cost for this Health Care Essentials award course as mentioned above is €750.00 all inclusive.
This course attracts 75% funding on the overall fee (€750) through the Training Pays scheme by Jobsplus.
It is important that at this stage the student decides whether he will follow this HC Essentials Award Path or the HC FULL Certificate path, as there is no opportunity to apply for the Full Path after the student has already applied and started the Essentials Award path.
TCTC-ITS Malta will be supporting students to apply for these funding schemes.
Prices are available , because these prices may include European and National subsides schemes.
Foreign students can apply using this link: www.tctcinternational.com