This innovative community project aims to deliver training to people working in the construction and development industry. This course is a pre-skill card preparatory course aims to instill the necessary skills to manage, promote and to work in construction entrepreneurship. Training will cover a spectrum of applications and opportunities that can be used in the industry. This course is also open for relatives that support members in their family working in this industry.
We all agree that this industry is core for our economy, and most institutions, including public, promote funding and sustainable opportunities that one can tap. These opportunities aren’t only for the funding of projects but also for startups , re-skilling and training in modern management and for the better use of ICT in this digital era. This initiative plans to continue sustaining itself through these funding opportunities.
The scope of this project is to embrace all this in one informative and practical course that will be supported under the auspices of the Ministry for Transport, Infrastructure and Capital projects, BICC and TCTC.
Who Should Attend:
- This course is aimed at people involved in the construction industry such as self employed, SME's, workers and also family and relative members of people in this industry. We recommend participants to be over 16 years of age.
- Delivery of course will be in Maltese and English
How long is this course?
Notes will be sent in electronic format
Module 1 - BASIC Mathematics including (3 hours)
- Conversions APPS
- Standard Calculations
- Reading & Interpretation of a building plan
- Bills of Material
Module 2 – Safety at Work (9 hours)
Module 3 – Sustainable Funding & Opportunities worksop (3 hours)
Module 4 – E-GOV services for the Industry Workshop (3 hours)
- Planning Authority
- MAP SERVER
- OTHER E-GOV services
Module 5 – WORKSHOP (3 hours)
- Delivery and training on the various essential APPS and website links needed in this industry
Module 6 - ICT and Applications (9 hours)
- Using basic applications such as Spreadsheets for costings and quotes, issuing of employees salaries
- Researching through Internet Browsing
- Google Apps
- Communicating through Mobile and Emails.
- Facebook Marketing
- Planning Cash Flows and Budgets
- Computer Aided Design applications
- Quotes, Accounting and Invoicing covering Debt Control
- EQUALSKILLS ECDL Training MQF Level 2